Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the 'neutral switch oil leak' repair on my 650 just now and now the bike will not start unless the kickstand in up and the clutch is pulled in. Not getting the green neutral light indicator on the speedo either. What did I screw up? The bike won't run with the kickstand down like it thinks it's in gear. Seemed like a very simple straight forward repair. Just replaced the plastic piece and the ring that goes around it. Reattached the green wire to the screw and I was done. But, obviously something is not right. Any ideas on what I should look for? I guess I'll unscrew everything and then put it back together and see if I get a different result.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you have an ohm meter, you can check to see if switch is functioning correctly. Positive lead goes to threaded part where green wire attaches and black lead to body of switch. Push in and out on plunger and ohm reading should go to zero when plunger is pushed in. If switch is functioning correctly, is it seated far enough down to reach the shift drum?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts