Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am jetting the carbs and this little black rubber washer appeared on my table. Does anyone know where this came from? I didn't take it out and it is nowhere in the jetting instructions. Please help.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It doesn't look like it goes anywhere so maybe I'll just put it to the side and if the carbs don't run right when reinstalled I'll know what the problem is.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am not sure but it looks like the o ring from the top of the carbs , it should go in between the cover and the carb (diaphragm) there is a small indentation where you will see a very small vent hole there should be a o ring in this position if it is missing replace the o ring. Good luck

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! Also do any of you know how to remove stripped screws? This is the biggest pain in the ass, I should of taken it to my shop instead I've been trying to get the float bowl screws out for the past hour using needle nose pliers. I've tried dremeling out a notch bit unfortunately the screw is almost gone.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had same problem last year when I had to clean my carbs, I used needle nose vise grips to loosen float cover screws, I just had to break them loose then use screw driver to finish

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had same problem last year when I had to clean my carbs, I used needle nose vise grips to loosen float cover screws, I just had to break them loose then use screw driver to finish
Got it finally! Man that sucked, I almost through my tool through the window, lol

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for everyone's help so far. I've put everything back together and the bike runs but I need some help tuning it. When I flick my wrist and rev it quickly a few times the bike dies, only when I ease on the throttle the bike doesn't die. Other then adjusting the pms screws which I turned 3.5 times is there anything else I should adjust? Is this normal after jetting or did I forget a step? Can the cold have something to do with it I only ran the bike for 10 minutes and it's about 32 degrees in my garage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts