Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I haven’t ridden my 1100 since October but it’s been stored inside with stabilized fuel and on a battery tender. Planning on riding tomorrow took it out for a quick spin to make sure everything was ok. It wasn’t idling 100% because I hadn’t got up to temp yet and cut off. Did this a couple times then I tried to restart and no power to anything. Suggestions on where to start please. When I get it home gonna put it back on the charger for starters.

·
2,475 Posts
I'd start with charging the battery and having it load tested. If it's good check where it grounds to the frame. They're notorious for corrosion and it might look ok, but take it off and clean it to make sure.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,359 Posts
As NortherRider suggested, check battery, then battery cables. Next check main fuse. Is all power dead or just not start? If it just didn't start, check the kill switch, many times it's has been turned off by mistake. Keep us posted.

·
2,475 Posts
Ah, yes, the kill switch. Done that myself.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can someone please advise where the frame ground is exactly as well as the main fuse. Never had to do any electrical work on this thing.

·
5,359 Posts
Main fuse under seat.

Follow negative cable from battery, it's kind of behind battery where it's grounded to frame. Take off, clean good and reinstall.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. That’s where I’ll start in the morning

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that was the biggest nothing I have ever seen. Turned out to all be the battery. Even though it was on the tender and “charged” it didn’t even have enough juice to turn on the dash lights. Swapped batteries and she fired right up. It’s just odd that it started just fine 3 or 4 times within 30 min then suddenly it was completely dead.

·
5,359 Posts
Great that you got it running and was easy to fiquire out. Now do out and enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
lead acid batteries are good for about 4 years if you get the standard one, 5 years if you pay twice as much for the "better" one.

thats just the way it is.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great that you got it running and was easy to fiquire out. Now do out and enjoy your ride.
That’s the plan!!! Thanks for all the help guys. I haven’t been here in quite a while but I knew I would get the help I needed. Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts