Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having trouble finding the correct pulley for the pulley swap. I am running the Avon Cobras, so I wanted to go to the 61T pulley.

Finally got my pulley........ not many out there!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Having trouble finding the correct pulley for the pulley swap. I am running the Avon Cobras, so I wanted to go to the 61T pulley.

So I am in need of sourcing another 61 Tooth 1-1/2" pulley. Seams to be a rare bird! Only came off 1993-94 Softails here in the states. Found 40236-88A, 40237-88A and 40239-88A to be viable part numbers.

Any help with alternative part numbers or search strings would be appreciated.
Did you try searching the part numbers in E-bay or doing a search in E-bay parts by "softail" and the years? I found many good used parts for my 95 RoadKing that was only made in 95-96.
Regards.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Finally got my pulley........ not many out there!
I see you got your pulley. Did you get it mounted? Which belt did you go with?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did..... I pulled this gearing after a while though because I am now riding 2-up. Too tall for that. I am willing to sell with belt if interested..... The belt is a 137 tooth Goodyear Falcon I believe. All in good shape belt still looks new.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I may be interested in the belt, but I won't have funds for a couple weeks.
Is it 1.5" wide? How did you like the highway RPMs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts