Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I wouldn't use hi octane, but every pump is different and the rating is just a close avg.

The general method is, if it's pinging you have to low octane, and if it is sluggish on throttle, then the octane is too high. This is how I have always filled my sportbikes up. This being said, I can't really tell the difference between 87 and 89 in my vstar 950, but I have never attempted anything higher than 89.

Engine Pinging
Thank you. I will check out regular fuel (85-87 octane).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi.
I'm new on this forum.
I would like to share my experiences with FuelPak 2 Vance&Hines.
I fit Cobra Speedster extra Long exhausts, the bike sounds much better ... but with lots of poping and backshoting.
Someone recomended me FuelPak, I bought it and set it up.
First impression - the motorcycle spins faster ... but still poping and shoting ... lots of shots ....
Also I noticed that the engine does not work well above 2000 rpm. It is difficult to keep going (crawling) through the city at a steady speed of e.g. 35mph. The engine is choking.
After increasing the Mode23 parameters from 16 to 25, the engine runs smoothly and smoothly ... but there are still many pops and shots.
I visit the Dyno centre,engeeners has been try to set this up for over 3h....and nothing....
As a result, after more than 3 months I give up., I took it out and put on sale. Instead that I will try to Re flash my ECU.Yesterday I sent my ECU to Ivans Performance for re Flashing.
Fingers crossed that will sorted out the problem with poping ...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.