Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Mike and I have a 2002 V Star 1100 and fell victim to some gas rot while I was deployed (I know it was my fault) and when I removed the carbs I noticed I was missing a part and I can’t seem to find what it’s called anywhere. I’ve search the diagrams without any luck but I have a picture of the item Incase someone is able to identify it. Would really appreciate any help!

The missing part is the circled Grey valve? On the picture below.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which number do think the throttle valve is in the diagram? The only thing called valve, throttle is #4 which is a different part of the carb

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I see #8 on the intake diagram 5EL-14987-00-00 is described as a hose. Does the missing hose/valve (whatever function it has) go into the breaker box from underneath? If so then I fear it wont solve my problems. The bike stalls out once I take it off mid choke. I was hoping it was a vacuum issue cause by the missing item, which i hoped was a check valve or something.

Edit: I've done a full carb tear down and clean up to this point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do see the recess and being a check valve would make perfect sense. I’ll order the part and see what happens. I’ll update you after it gets here. Thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts