Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Texas but my company is in Mountain View, so I bought an '02 1100 to be my daily rider when I'm in town. I started rebuilding it a while back, but the project stalled out due to excessive travel (I'm not spending enough time in Cali anymore to complete the job). Fab is done and really need to get it back together sooner rather than later. I'm hoping I can find someone here to help get her back on the road.

Hit me up if you're interested in discussing. Thanks!
Stacy

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
It might help if you explain how much work has to been done.
Are the wheels and tank off the bike? Is the engine totally disassembled?

Rebuilding a motorcycle means different things to different people.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I live in Texas but my company is in Mountain View, so I bought an '02 1100 to be my daily rider when I'm in town. I started rebuilding it a while back, but the project stalled out due to excessive travel (I'm not spending enough time in Cali anymore to complete the job). Fab is done and really need to get it back together sooner rather than later. I'm hoping I can find someone here to help get her back on the road.

Hit me up if you're interested in discussing. Thanks!

Stacy

Stacy,
I’ve done many Vstar builds etc -
I live in the Bay Area -send me a PM with all the info for the bike, what you have going on - what have you done and what you think might need to be done.
Pics will be nice to have too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the current state of the bike - tore it down to what you see in the photo; fabricated the rear fender and cut off the fender struts; fabricated a keg-style oil tank that will actually serve as the battery/electronics box (it's now mounted like a chin spoiler... sorry, no pic of that yet); and successfully tested and selected what the finish will be (second photo).

Here is what I need help completing - finish disassembly; powder coat the frame, wheels, handlebars, trees, forks, and perhaps the engine (I'm still on the fence about that); then reassemble. The faux rust finish I will do myself. I'll need to have a seat built - there's a guy around the corner from my office who can do it, but welcome any recommendations if you know anyone who does stellar work.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you're looking for assistance with building your custom bike when you're in town and have the time to work on it?
That's the biggest part of the problem... I have no time to work on it when I'm in town. I'm looking for an experienced builder (specializing in V-Stars) that I can hire to help finish what I started.

·
Registered
188 Posts
SixShooter ... Did you PM Maustarman?

Sorry everyone I’ve been out of town...
@sixhooter
yes, I got your PM..
it’s a great vision !
The project is very early stage and it will take lots of hours.
I have various build projects at the moment and don’t have the kind of time your project requires.

With the kind of time and work this project needs it can get quite expensive and I don’t know if I would put that kind of money in a older Yamaha.
You could probably get a newer and bigger engine bike for the $$ that will need to be spent in this project.

That is if you will be paying someone to do it for you...
it’s a different history if you do it your self to pass time and just for the love of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts