Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some Kuryakn rear boards to replace the pegs on the 2008 Stratoliner. However, as gifted as I am in tearing things apart, the reassembly stuff is not my strong suit. It always triggers my Tourette's and the dogs run and hide.

Any Houston area, mechanically inclined members out there who know how to install rear boards who might be willing to give me a hand? I bought the splined adapter kit as well as the boards and I know it shouldn't be as tough as I am making it.

Thanks,

blackadder

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
I'll help. Sent you a PM.

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
Blackadder came over to my house this morning and we installed his passenger floorboards. Pretty straight forward except every Allen head bolt was a different size. The ones on the bike were metric and floorboards were standard. We probably had 30 minutes work time and 90 minutes talk time. It was a pleasure getting to work on his beautiful bike. After the weather cools down some we're going to get together for some rides. When we do I'll post in the Houston Area riders forum in case anyone else wants to join.

Before with pegs:

After with floorboards:

My bike got jealous with another bike in the garage. 😂

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Huge thanks to lesblank for getting the boards on the bike! He has the right tools, the patience, and the know-how to make the job look much less daunting than I thought it was. and yes, now we have to get the weather to cool down a bit and get out and ride!

BTW, lesblank's Harley is a damn fine bike! I came away with a list of things I want to add to my bike now. Dammit. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
Now for a little funny. I put the right side on first. Going slow to make sure everything lined up, reading direction, and everything went good. Got that side done and moved to the other. The left side is a mirror image of right. Well guess I'm not very good at mentally picturing a mirror image. Not only did I put the bracket on backwards, took it off, then backwards a second time. After we laughed I slowed up and got it right. So next time I'll take a picture with my phone and reverse the image. 😁 It's a good way to make a friend, being able to laugh together and modding your bike.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
And he practically STOLE that bike! Those are five figure bikes around here, unless they have high mileage or are over 20 years old. Then they're just under five figures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts