Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,636 Posts
There are threads about front wheel swap and rear pulley swap but not rear wheel swap the I can find. Hopefully someone will chime in. What is your goal with the swap?

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Couple tie down straps and a solid luggage rack on the rear fender should do it.

Ive been hanging out here for a few years, this is the first time Ive heard someone wanting to swap out the rear wheel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Found an 18" fat spoke rear wheel brand new wheel and tire and 21" front fat spoke hd wheel for $325 I feel like its a good deal I get my dream wheels for less than half price ,and the other dude can smoke up his profit lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
--

I have not tried to use a larger diameter wheel on my R*s, but considering how easy it is to bottom out in the rear, even with a Roadwing setup, I don't think I would want to go bigger unless the total diameter of wheel/tire was no more than that of stock. As to width, I use an Austone 175/(78)-16 that uses most of the space. I could keep it from bottoming on my bike if I cranked the pre-load up all the way, but I don't want it that stiff all the time.

As to the front, I do use the stock rear tire size on the front and it stuffs the front fender, but works well. But that is just the stock 16" wheel.

--

1 - 6 of 6 Posts