Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new set of tires for my 1100 v star.Would love to put radials on but can't find the right size.Ok thisis where i'm banging my head.The bike has dunlop 505 there ok, I'M looking for the best tire i can mount,the options i came up with are 1 Pirelli mt66 2 Metzeler me 880.Ok now i need tube type tire and Pirelli front tire has to be tweek to size 100 90 18 bike takes 110 90 18,Has anybody has any suggustion.

·
Registered
33 Posts
In Ontario, eh? And not shopping for snow tires?

I put new tires on late last year. A lady in BC told me how much nicer her bike handled with a new set of MT66, so that's where I started looking. The other tire that people love is the Metzeler ME880. After reading the tire threads here and on the Vulcan forum, I decided to take the advice I found here, and replace the stock Dunlop 404s. They have superior handling in the rain, and it always seems to be raining on the way back from BC.

I have run the following tires in the Seattle area.
Dunlop: D404 - great in the rain
Metzeler: ME880 - felt like riding on marbles in the rain.
Bridgestone: Better than the Metzeler but far worse than the Dunlop
Perelli: Route 66 - not as good as the Bridgestone in rain.
The above is over the course of 68k miles mostly communing to and from work year round in Seattle. I have not been to concerned with mileage as I was about how they handled in wet weather.
Kudos DMTJOY

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12754

HTH
Scott Fraser
Calgary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts