Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search but did not find what I was looking for. I need to rotate my handlebars up, which should be easy enough, but looks like I need to take off the speedo cover to get to the bolts.

Are the four allen bolts (2 ea side) all I need to remove to get the cover off and access the clamp bolts?

Thanks

·
Registered
894 Posts
Sounds like you figured it out. Just make sure you don't let your bars fall down and dent your tank.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sounds like you figured it out. Just make sure you don't let your bars fall down and dent your tank.
That's the first thing I think of when I see a thread about handle bars.:rolleyes:
Put a towel or blanket over your tank to save some major mental pain!!!:(

·
Registered
419 Posts
I did a quick search but did not find what I was looking for. I need to rotate my handlebars up, which should be easy enough, but looks like I need to take off the speedo cover to get to the bolts.

Are the four allen bolts (2 ea side) all I need to remove to get the cover off and access the clamp bolts?

Thanks

I did the same last year I put my handlebars up as well and it's an easy fix. Yes it's four bolts to remove...do put a blanket on your tank just in case. I did find that I'm leaning over just slightly however it's a better riding position than the original position where the bars sat before. I was getting sore in my shoulders and back after long rides.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts