Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
It looks like some of the diodes are replaceable from looking at Partzilla. If it checks bad I would ask your Yamaha dealer if they can ID where it is from the wiring diagram

·
Super Moderator
2,711 Posts
I have been without my neutral light for over a year no big deal. Water got into the dash and a buddy cleaned it up but no neutral light.

·
Registered
2006 Startoliner
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Update. Took tank panel off. Checked all connectors and pins. Everything good. Pulled seat checked diodes. Everything good. Ordered the T11/4 buld. Waiting on bulb will replace when arrives. Going to add very little sealant to odometer seal when reinstalling. Cross fingers no moisture in future!
Did some more research and did find some Stratoliner and road stars with N light out.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would have thought those would have been an LED light. On my 2008 Road Star service manual it lists them as LED. Wonder when Yamaha made the switch.

·
Registered
2006 Startoliner
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Bulb only cost .65 cents. So no big lose. When I look at all the lights high beam, gas , blinker,etc they do look like little bulbs in there. Waiting till bulb gets here. Hoping to only crack open the case once!

Reactions: Boog

·
Registered
2006 Startoliner
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well not sure Brad is right. Was just looking threw wiki stratoliner manual. At the back it says they are led. Hope jaquartech is right instead.
C939420E-4F37-4D48-A7AD-261C3E311DB6.png

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
7,990 Posts
The T1¼ neo-wedge bulb is the size, available in LED and Incandescent. LED create less heat for use in instrument panels.

·
Registered
99 Roadie
294 Posts
Can't speak for a Strat, my old Roadie is definitely incandescent.
Have a couple extra if somebody needs one.
I also found the variable capacitor to adjust speedo error if anybody really wants to go there (not easy)
Would recommend putting a dessicant package in the case, worked like a champ in mine.....no more foggy lens.
Hopefully I'm done with instrument he!! For a while.

·
Registered
2006 Startoliner
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well Brad was right . They are led. My bulb came in so I took the odometer apart. 16 screws later and very worried. The led bits are Solder to the board. So can’t use this $4 bulb no big lose. Can live with out the light. Maybe if I have $200 extra one day I will have Yamaha dealer look into it.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts