Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I bought a used like new '09 Stratoliner about a month ago and have ridden it about 700 great miles since then. I'm 6'4" and bought the bike since it fits so good with my long legs/arms. The Strat is sharing space in the garage with a 1984 Yamaha RZ350, a 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere, and a 2009 Kawasaki KLR650.

Although the dealer allegedly completed the first service with the receipt provided by the original owner, I checked out the bike thoroughly and changed out the primary case fluid and adjusted the drive belt..............runs great with 3675 miles on it.

Whisperquiet

·
Registered
570 Posts
Welcome to the nut house. The other stat guys are going to love you. Me I am a 1100 Silverado guy that loves to ride. Had my bike 8 1/2 months and put 8650 miles on her.
Ride safe

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Welcome to the nut house. The other stat guys are going to love you. Me I am a 1100 Silverado guy that loves to ride. Had my bike 8 1/2 months and put 8650 miles on her.
Ride safe

I'll put quite a few miles on the Stratoliner...........been riding the Super Tenere a lot since I picked it up in Early August (6800 miles on the Tenere in 10 weeks!) The Super Tenere needs to rest up a bit in the garage!!!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard fellow liner rider.Great choice to add to your awsome line up of toys in the man cave.Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just so you know, every bolt on the liners has lock tight on them
That is good to know...........changed the windshield out and did in fact find thread locker on all of the screws. I've ridden the bike 800 miles and nothing has vibrated out!

BTW, I do remember that the two bolts holding the exhaust muffler to the frame were not loctited, but torqued to a pretty high ft lb....I used medium strength loctite when they were re-installed. I had to remove the muffler to adjust the drive belt tension.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts