Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the local Yamaha dealer just before Christmas they had one V Star. I told my wife that's the one I want. I just paid the last payment on Monday. I can't remember what color it is. Sounds dumb I know. But I liked it when I seen it. Oh by the way I drive truck haven't been home. Will be home on the 28 th can't wait....

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm not sure what to say to this. You got yourself a great bike, but it sounds like you could just as easily have bought an armadillo......! :)

Have you ridden before, or are you a complete newb? This will give us some idea how to greet you........

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome to the 1100 club!:D Watch out for the Pic Police...they will be here soon;)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We'll let the pics slide this time since your on the road. At least you found us.That's like a kid with a new toy and can't play with it. Similar thing happen to me when I bought my shadow back in 08. Bought it on a Thursday night then had to leave town for business and couldn't pick it up till the following Tuesday.You just have a very long wait.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.
Don't worry about what color bike you bought, whatever it is it can be fixed with some blue paint (unless it's blue already).

But it must be a little embarassing when you tell a friend you just bought a V-Star and they say "Cool, what color did you get?"

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey McCloud, glad you found us...I hope you remember where we are! Once you pick up the scoot, snap a pic or 2 and show us what you got! Any idea if you may have purchased a camera? ;)

Anyway, get it home and make it your own. You will find an endless supply of bolt on goodies and go-fast(er) parts for it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is not my first bike. But it's been about 10 years since I sold my last one

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know it's 2 tone silver and ?? It's got a Mustang seat with driver back rest and dissuade bar. Cobra pipes and crash bar..

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
You sure you bought a Yammy? From that description, it could be a HD or something else. Make sure you read the book of newb when you get a chance on a break from your driving. Lots of good info there; even tells you how to post pics of a silver and ??? bike. ;)

Welcome to the forum, post often and ask all the questions you want. We may even give you a straight answer. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
I like it. I reckon by the end of the year it'll look a bit different though. You won't be able to help yourself getting accessories. I like those seats. Mustang?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts