Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi fellow bike enthusiasts! I recently bought a 2005 1100 classic and I really love it!! This is my first road bike,, well other than one many years ago that I ended up trading after just a few months for another ATV. I’ve been riding off road since I was pretty young, and I spent about 20 years racing quads. So I am definitely still learning the ropes when it comes to road bikes. I have to say though, I am surprised at how nimble and easy to ride it is for a fairly large bike. I’ve been poking around the forum for the last month or so and I thought it was time I join and introduce myself. It seems like a pretty friendly place to chat about our rides and learn a lot about them. Im happy to see the feedback suggests these are pretty reliable machines. Mine has 15000 miles and was definitely pretty well cared for. Someone before me wanted a very clean look, and stripped off anything that resembled an ID tag or that said Yamaha. I kinda thought the original decals looked pretty cool, but I like the clean look too. I don’t think I’ll be going through the effort to locate and replace them. I’m not trying to make it look like something else, I think we all know what I’m talking about lol. Well this is already getting kind of long, so that’s it for now. I’m looking forward to learning more about my bike and I’m glad I found a community to do just that. Here’s a couple pics!

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
576 Posts
Hello s90yam and welcome from Virginia.

Reactions: Keith Post

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Welcome from Columbus, OH! Nice looking bike! If I had been able to find one in that color when I was looking for mine I probably would have bought it.

·
Super Moderator
7,229 Posts
Welcome from East Tennessee! Very clean looking ride. We have a lot of 1100 owners here, and you’ve come to the right place to learn about them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Welcome fro the Hampton Roads area of Virginia.

Ride smart! Ride often!

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin, it is actually a Classic model. That is one sharp looking bike i love the clean look. It is debadged so people think it is a Harley. My 01 is debadged also. I do have the original tank badges. I would neve put them back on my self. The origional owner rode with harley guys, the only thing left is the classic on the front fender. 15ooo miles your bike is just broke in, mine has 36ooo on it, stop by often. It is the members that makes this site so good.
mp3.jpg

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
7,990 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Glad you joined us. If this is your first 1100 here is a must read:

Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt.

Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Welcome from Pensacola, Florida...........If I had a bike like yours I would be hunting an airbrush artist to really make it mine , that is such a beautiful canvas with it debadged.

·
Super Moderator
3,617 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Nice looking ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone!! And Deeks yes you are exactly right, it is a Classic. I did know that actually, I just had a brain fart when I typed Custom, must be the C in both words that threw me off 😀. That’s a sharp looking bike you’ve got there too!!

Jspree, I like your idea, I agree it is a perfect canvas for some personal touches. I haven’t seen a lot of white ones so I really liked it when I found it on my local Craigslist.

Lesblank, thanks for the heads up! I’ll definitely check it out.

Peace.

·
Registered
2011 Yamaha VStar 650
324 Posts
Great looking bike! Welcome from Southern Indiana.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Welcome from New York. Beautiful bike. Enjoy the forum and visit often. Happy trails. Ride safe. Enjoy the breeze.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts