Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

New 1100 Vstar Classic Owner MISSOURI

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Huskerswon 
#1 ·
New owner, purchased the bike, with 11,000 miles on it from a co-worker (close friend) for 2700.00. He had spent alot of money on it in accessories, and maintenance, however he was getting too old to ride. I snagged the bike up, recently did an oil change, rear gear oil change, and have put 600 miles on it in 2 weeks...I love this bike. Also picked up a Clymer manual for it, and plan on servicing it myself. Looking to add some more chrome accents, different bags, any ideas on appearance are welcome.

I look forward to being a part of the community, after coming from a good solid line of street bikes, it is good to be on a V Star, much more comfortable and much more enjoyable to ride.

Any locals? I am located around Lees Summit area, always up for a good ride!

-Brett

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome aboard! Nice looking bike, and in the fastest color known!

You will find that add-ons are plentiful, as is our advice. While there is always a price to pay for your bolt on goodies, our advice is priceless! ;)

I will start with a question for you; what is that chrome deal with the oddly placed hand grips/foot pegs that is on your seat? Can't say as I've ever seen anything quite like that...

#3 ·
You are referring to the solo chrome double seat rail, and the extended factory passenger foot pegs.

The solo rail is usually only found on the stars with no back seat. Its an accessory added on from Yamaha.

The foot pegs, are just the factories iirc...however I had a good friend weld together some brackets, so its more comfortable for the passenger to ride, no longer are their feet tucked back, however no they are more to the side of the driver, and lower/ and out.

If you take a closer look at the picture, you will see that they arnt connected, and are just extended off of the original mounting areas.

Thanks for the welcome!

#4 ·
If you take a closer look at the picture, you will see that they arnt connected, and are just extended off of the original mounting areas.
Well I'll be, you're right! In that second pic it looks like they are part of the seat ring!

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum. Nice pics of your new to you scoot.That looks like it's been well kept.Nice find.Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

#9 ·
what year..

What year is your BIKE? I have a 02 and want to find a good set HEAD light TREES. (the two side lights next to the main light) What kind do you have and are they esay to install?
Great deal on that bike.

I picked mine off Craigs list on 2010 for 4200. it only had 4,340 miles on it.
I live in West Plains, mo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.