Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The VStar 950 I had was damaged in a parking lot. I just rode home my brand new 2009 Road Star! Now I have to baby it for several hundred miles break in! Did you guys wait till the 600 mile maint check to do an oil change or do it sooner?

Phil....pics forthcoming

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Break in

Phil,

Bummer on the damage to the 950, Good move on the RoadStar. My dealer suggested I go the full 600 miles. I only made sure I did not run the bike really hard and not at the same speed for an extended time for the 600 miles.
Dave

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New R*

Yes I'm going to leave it the way it is for awhile. I'm sort of enjoying the quiet...My previous bike had Cobra Longshots which were pretty loud and I really don't want to go back to that

·
Registered
4 Posts
The VStar 950 I had was damaged in a parking lot. I just rode home my brand new 2009 Road Star! Now I have to baby it for several hundred miles break in! Did you guys wait till the 600 mile maint check to do an oil change or do it sooner?

Phil....pics forthcoming
Congrats on the new bike! I just bought a 2009 roadie as well last week, only have 70 mile / 150km on it tho, i would like to ask you a question, when you give yur bike throttle, do you hear a ticking noise and sometimes a harder noise like a klunking as if there were possibly no oil in it? My oil level is good but the noises seem outta place. Dealer says its normal usually until after breakin. what do you think?

Gargrey

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ticking noise

I get a small ticking noise when i start up the bike, this goes away after awhile. I'm not too concerned about it. seems to be less the more miles I get on the bike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts