Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My DH says on Sunday, 'hey, let's go kick some motorcycle tires!" I said ok, thinking we didn't have anything better to do........ and now, lo an' behold, I've got a brand new 2009 V Star 950, Blazing Red, sitting in my garage with paper tags and my name on it. Go figger. Birthdays can be nice.. but this is the last one.

New Yamaha rider, have been riding most of my adult life and my love affair with bikes started on the ditch bank with a honda 90 trail when I was about 7. Jeeez that seems a millennium ago..... 52 years ago it was. Lotsa wind passed through these locks since then.

Anyway, nice to be here, always like sharing my passions with others that are like minded.
This is a crappy pic,but the only one I've got at the moment. I AM sure there will be more, no doubt.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Boss. I think the only thing I'm going to change on this hunny is the exhaust and maybe a cam, but then I saw this killer horn at the dealership on Sunday and then there is this guys that does the most phenom... paint, sigh, well, you know............

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome! And congrats on a fine motorcycle.;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks... it's actually the 7th of next month, but this far into the game, it really doesn't matter. It's been awhile since I actually celebrated my birthday... I guess this is making up for lost time :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya... I can't seem to get away from it, my FXR was red, the Kawasaki sitting next to the new one in the photo is red and now this one. Although this one is a very nice red... a true candy. Lovely..... is that a motorcycle word.. not really I guess. Bitchin'.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope. No OBs in this crowd. I'm an artist.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you. I am very happy with her and yet, I didn't go out and wipe off all the bugs that I picked up in the country yesterday. Just nice to walk by and see my reflection in the paint. I'll get to the bugs tomorrow. She is fine, at that.

·
Administrator
13,713 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
bevo1981;3708 maybe you should have put something on your resume other than "PLEASE?"[/QUOTE said:
Well, yeah, see Bevo here is the deal. Ol Sugar Bear sent off for one of those mail order correspondence course things to become one of them there vaginacollageist folks, they said to" HAVE a practice,you HAVE to practice":D Here is the downer: the volunteers list was not large enough:( And so it goes:D Ride Safe, folks, have fun:D

·
Registered
821 Posts
Well, yeah, see Bevo here is the deal. Ol Sugar Bear sent off for one of those mail order correspondence course things to become one of them there vaginacollageist folks, they said to" HAVE a practice,you HAVE to practice":D Here is the downer: the volunteers list was not large enough:( And so it goes:D Ride Safe, folks, have fun:D
:D:);):p.......

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thank you, nice to be here. Now, to find a road dawg bud. I rode a lot with a girlfriend for the longest time and she moved to WA state. It is a friendship that I sorely miss. I have lost total contact with her and have no earthly idea how to find her. :(

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard SuzanOB.Congrats on the new scoot. Be safe and keep the shiny side up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts