Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, hey the wife is thinking real hard about selling her 650 star and buying a 2013 stryker the local dealer has marked down really good. Anything i should know about it since i will be the one servicing it. Any imput or advice will be helpful. Thanks kroyleahcim

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with a Star bike. I'm surprised no one has chimed in yet - the Stryker owners seem to love them - and honestly, I've yet to hear anyone on the star forums who doesn't think they have a really great bike.

I loved my 650 when I was learning but I found it underpowered on the highway and haven't regretted my move up to the Roadstar a bit!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northwest Illinois. +1 on Annie's comment. It's hard to go wrong with a STAR. If she's ridden it and is comfortable on it, go for it. Anxious to hear how it works out for you. Post often and ride safe.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have the V star 1300 same motor.
Love the motor has just the right power to hit the highway at speed.
From what I've read yours will have a little better bottom end [geared lower]:cool:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, i know you really can't go wrong with a Star she has put 12,000 + miles on her v-star with no problems and i have put 25,000+ on my Roadstar with no problems. I think i will leave it up to her;) kroyleahcim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts