Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am introducing myself to the board. I am a mechanic at a yamaha dealership and I am mostly on here for my grandfather, as he is the owner and rider, I am just here to lend whatever information I have and get some information on what other people have had with their experiences with the 950.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Ruger! Glad to hear you joined the 950 Club. I got about 1200 miles on mine and love it! Great power (even for 2 people) and awesome fuel mileage. I am getting between 58 and 55 mpg out of mine. The only issues are the floor boards touching down on aggressive turns and the seat. However, the seat does feel like it is breaking in after a 1000 miles. Wish I would have bought the tourer model, because the accesories would have been cheaper that way. But I wanted the red one and that didn't come in the touruer. 2-in-1 exhaust has got to go. Safe Riding!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome and I love my 950. I bought the standard version and will eventually do all of my own upgrades. For performance things, I heard that a K&N air filter on the bike will get you even better gas mileage and performance; if you don't already have it on there. As I figure things out, I'll definitely keep you updated. I only have 930 miles on mine thus far.

Again, welcome.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Another 950 Newbie

Hey group. Just picked up my 950 tourer last Friday. Can't wait for this rain to clear hear in the midwest. I have not put 100 miles on her yet but love it so far. Does this thing have a fuel shut-off? I've looked for one and can't find it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey group. Just picked up my 950 tourer last Friday. Can't wait for this rain to clear hear in the midwest. I have not put 100 miles on her yet but love it so far. Does this thing have a fuel shut-off? I've looked for one and can't find it.
Don't know about the fuel shut-off, but why wait for the rain to clear? Just go out and ride. It's not as bad as it seems. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts