Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted about 3 weeks ago with a 2006 Vstar Custom 650, but it wasn't powerful enough so two days ago I upgraded to the 950! I love this bike so much, got it in red... but I'm going to custom paint it shortly.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome to the 950 club! It's very easy to love the bike. I love mine and look forward to riding it every day. I got mine in black and will also get a custom paint job; but only after I add the fairing I want and other little things. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bon bini, as they say where I live (island of Curacao)! The 950 is a great bike, my is in red also, and I really love it!!

Ride safe ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Publishing pics...

OK, guess I will have to get myself an account at PBucket then.:(
I love the pics of the airbox modification; was is hard to totally remove the black box after removing the chrome cover?! I also wonder if anyone has any experience with mounting another airbox, like the ones you can find at Thunder MFG for instance. Would be a nice thread to do....

Ride Safe;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, I took the MSF. They're requiring it for the service, I'm actually in the CG though, haha. I'm still debating over my pipes, can't decide which one I want to do. I'm definitely a fan of the slash cut look, but hoping that the HD prices on these 950s pipes will drop soon, not sure when they'll become a major market item. The bike seems to be selling like crazy, but some manufacturers haven't even touched pipes for them yet. I was going to wait for Vance and Hines but I'm not sure I wanna wait that long.

As for the paint, should be coming soon. Already have the design planned, just need to get my friend to find time at his shop to do it.

Also, with pipes and an air kit I'm probably looking at needing one of those fuel controllers... am I right? How much is one of those going to drop my mpg (not that it matters much, just wondering)?

·
Registered
25 Posts
navy guy!?! did you take the MSF?

welcome, and take your time & learn to ride right.

the 950 is an AWESOME bike.

wife took hers to Savannah GA this weekend, what a great blessing to have a bike that runs smooth enough for her to enjoy it.

post up pics as you do your mods!

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/04vrscb/yamaha_V_star_950/

Did you paint the awful chrome football on the 950? Can't see it in the pic. I've been trying to find an alternate cover for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.