Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm Jim from Surprise, AZ. I recently bought my 1st motorcycle, a 2004 V Star 650 Classic. I wanted a smaller cc for my first bike, but after only 1 week and about 350 miles, I see that a bigger engine would have been nice. I love the ride. I love the bike. Floor boards with heel/toe shifter, Cobra Pipes (loud and proud) and 2 sets of surprising nice blue LED lights to make the bike glow at night. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

When in a car, I am all about the destination rather than the journey. I don't car how I get there, I just want to get there. On the bike however, the destination is wherever the journey takes me. I love it, and can't believe I waited 34 years to start riding.

Any other AZ members? I plan on checking out Westgate's bike nights, and I am going to ride with my local church "Calvary Cruzers" as well.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Welcome to the nuthouse!

Don't knock the 650 too much, it can handle almost anything you throw at it. Open up the air intake and exhaust, and it will do even more.

Most importantly, the 650 will nearly double in performance once you post pics here on the forum :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Hello, I'm Jim from Surprise, AZ. I recently bought my 1st motorcycle, a 2004 V Star 650 Classic. I wanted a smaller cc for my first bike, but after only 1 week and about 350 miles, I see that a bigger engine would have been nice. I love the ride.
I love it, and can't believe I waited 34 years to start riding.
QUOTE]

Welcome here Jim:) Just a pretty fine place to be :)
In my opine, you done good as a first bike gettin a 650, much to learn, don't worry bout bigger till you get more experience on the road.

Have fun with your new ride and be careful:D

Ride Safe, Live Long:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts