Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 18x5.5 RC components wheel on, I'm running a 200/50-18 metzeler me880. I'm gonna lower the rear a little more(1"). So what should I do next? Keep it as is, pull the sissy bar and keep the mini apes, pull both the sissy bar and mini apes and put my drag bar back on or?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Got my 18x5.5 RC components wheel on, I'm running a 200/50-18 metzeler me880. I'm gonna lower the rear a little more(1"). So what should I do next? Keep it as is, pull the sissy bar and keep the mini apes, pull both the sissy bar and mini apes and put my drag bar back on or?

Add matching 21" to the front

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
agreed +1 on matching up the front

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Photo bucket is being a pain in the arse so here's some photos, the other way.
I removed the sissy bar and bags.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Already looks better IMHO. I would also do something with the exhaust. Something like what Bevo has on his ride would be nice.
I agree, it looks 100% better without the bags and sissy bar. I couldn't believe how much the look changed from just removing those 2 items. I actually like it with the mini apes now, and I'm going with straight tips on instead of the turn downs I have on the exhaust now. Not sure if I'll do much more on it till next winter. It's also getting a slim taillight in the rear. But it gets pretty expensive quick when you talk about doing this much custom work to these. The rear wheel/tire set-up alone was about $675 and that was actually cheap as I got the wheel used and reconditioned it, and did everything myself minus putting the tire on the wheel itself. But other priorities dictate this takes a back seat again. But at least for this riding season I'll have a pretty sweet unique bike to run around on.
Here's a before pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the new look, amazing that two items changed it that much.
Thanks and that's what I aswell as my brother, dad and friends were thinking. It's a new animal. I'm gonna stick with this look for now, I really like the way it kinda brings together a old school and new edge bobber/chopper styles together. I offered the bike to my brother for $3500 when he was looking for a custom cruiser, just before I bought and did the wheel swap and removed those pieces (figured I'd buy a raider and start modding that). And he said "no" "it's very cool but not exactly what he was looking for, close, but not quite", so I figured what the hay, Ill keep it and change it up a bit again for this season and do a wheel swap. Now that he's seen its most recent changes, he'd like to work out a new deal. I just said sorry that ship has sailed bud, now I'll save a little and buy a raider to park next to it lol.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I like the wheel overall the bike looks great but the front wheel I agree needs updated now :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like the wheel overall the bike looks great but the front wheel I agree needs updated now :D
Yeah, I just gotta figure out if I want to go with a custom machined 21" front of some design or just a spoked 21".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts