Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I just installed a new air intake by Baron (running Cobra pipes). My question, is anyone else running the same or similar style intake? And did you start having the hissing sound as soon as you installed it? Video link below

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
13,905 Posts
Can’t help with intake noise. But upload video to YouTube and post link here.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Open intakes are noisy. The "hissing" sound is the intake drawing air. I had that particular one and it is noisy but works great.
That’s what I figured. I wanted to have a confirmation from someone else that has experienced this as well. I took it for quick ride and I can feel a bit of a difference. It is a bit louder as well. But tomorrow’s ride will let me know what my next step should be. Power pro will probably be next.
Thanks NSNate!

·
Registered
2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
211 Posts
That’s what I figured. I wanted to have a confirmation from someone else that has experienced this as well. I took it for quick ride and I can feel a bit of a difference. It is a bit louder as well. But tomorrow’s ride will let me know what my next step should be. Power pro will probably be next.
Thanks NSNate!
Skip the power pro, get Ivan's flash! If you do a quick search you'll find that is the highly recommended way to go.

·
Premium Member
08 Road Star 1700
1,462 Posts
I use a Vance and Hinds FuelPak. I am pretty happy with it. I can get new maps or change a single mode. But mostly I saved my brand new stock exhaust and air box. If I decide to sell it or go back to stock It is easy to do. I have read Ivan's is preferred but I can change it on the spot.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I opted to shop for a stock airbox on eBay. Once I got it, I drilled a series of 1/4" holes in the front and back of the inner portion, guided by the baffles inside. With a K&N filter, it seems to work okay. I have the Cobra slip-on muffler, but feel that it is too loud on longer trips, and a bit annoying. I might, reluctantly, have to put the stock muffler back on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.