Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everybody, New to the forum!:D

I finally bought a Roadstar, I own 2 vstar 1100's.

I picked up a 2008 Brand New for a steal, not real thrilled about the F.I. but it has some advantages.

My first question, is do you guys know anyone who makes HELLBENT pipes for a Roadstar? LIKE THESE(
)

Tejasthumpcycles and L.A. Choppers have something close, but not what I am looking for. I am wanting them to come out and meet pointing stright down.

Also until I get my pipes, can I hollow out my tips, or will it adversly affect the fuel injection or motor?

I saw the DIY on roadstar clinic, but it talks about re-jetting the carb, nothing about the fuely bikes?

Thanks in advance!
G-note

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, went riding today, my buddie was riding my 02' vstar 1100, it has vance and hines pipes with no baffles, pod kit, dyna coils and ecm, and a fresh rebuild.

MY BRAND NEW ROADSTAR struggled to keep up light to light when we ran them...

WHAT GIVES? Is this a fuel injected piece of crap?????

What do I need to do to make this thing fast???

2008 Roadstar, 30 miles, 100% sTOCK!!!

Thanks,
Gino

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
1100 / 1700

Gino,

Guess you did too good a job on the 1100. Now you need to do it again. I see a couple of 1100 guys riding with Harley guys that would like to have that bike.

Pacific Coast and other have fuel controllers for your Road star. In fact if you want to get really serious they have the equivalent of a Stage three, Jugs, cams and all that stuff.

I see charts that aren't real clear as to how much was done but I think just Air box, fuel controller, and, pipes get you a big increase. I'm thinking percentage wise more than you got on the 1100. Roadstar is a great bike, you won't be sorry.

This one is a 1600 but should give you an idea.

http://www.pacificcoaststar.com/pcs/yamaha_dynos.htm

I took the video to be your new bike but I guess you have not compleated it yet. From the link click on home then Roadstar. You will see a bunch of neet stuff.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts