Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No not really but sure feels like it. :D
Put new tires and a progressive rear shock on my 1100 today. Man what a difference. Only road about 50 miles so far but there is definitely a huge difference. No more bounce and oh so smooth. It just glides into a corner now. Seems to lean even easier and smoother than before. Still need to adjust the pre load up a little bit. It currently sits lower than it was with the old shock turn all the way up. The soft ride is nice but believe it would be too soft with the wifey on the back. A bit of advice for anyone contemplating the progressive shock, get the pre load set before you put the tool box and cover back on. It a pain adjusting it through the seat opening. I also put ride-on in the new tires. Was worried would have some bad vibes at first till it settled.Nope! Was as smooth on mile 1as it was at 50. Pleasantly suprised with that as well.
Can't wait to ride some more.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bevo that's what I was expecting and almost cautious about when I first started out but it wasn't the case.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They really don't do they. The application chart said I could use between 10 and 12oz in my rear tire. I put one entire 8oz bottle (which you can't empty completely) then about as close as I could to 4oz from the next bottle. Based on what's left in the empty bottle I figure I have a little over 11oz in that tire. Did the same guestimate for the front. Don't know how one would get it exact unless you used a syringe or something similar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts