Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got a Yamaha 2006 VStar 1100 about a month ago. taking a safety class next weekend. I love the bike!! :D

this is my first bike. I'm a bigger guy and wanted to start with something I would be comfortable riding on. This Classic is awesome!! The original owner added a windshield and Cobra exhaust.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome aboard Stevensondrive! You'll be able to post after three posts, it's a way to filter spam. I believe our friend Bevo can help.

I am in the same boat, I'm of decent size and wanted something I could ride on and not around! I have a 2000 1100 Classic and just finished my Basic Riders Course. Good luck and keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Jarhead!! heck you were the one I wanted to reply to anyway. What irony!

I too am one of the 20% of bikers without a valid license. sounds like we are coming from the same spot. that's pretty cool. I have been riding my new wheels as much as possible. I've got around 400 miles on mine in less than a month. I'll have to work on getting a avatar up.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Like I said, our friend Bevo should be alone shortly to help out. I would put more miles on but I don't need any legal problems. I live in Harford County but the locals call it Hazard County the way the cops seem like they're always out to get you.

As far as the 20% go, I think that # is much higher. I have talked to people MANY people who have ridden without a motorcycle endorsement their entire life. In MD, if the bike/scooter is over 49cc you have to have a license. There are a ton of people who ride bigger scooters without that endorsement.

All I can say is to take care and ride safe!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as the 20% go, I think that # is much higher. I have talked to people MANY people who have ridden without a motorcycle endorsement their entire life.

All I can say is to take care and ride safe!
it would be interesting to know. I have surveyed several law enforcement friends/family. The question I asked "if you ran across a biker who had insurance/registration and a valid drivers license but no M endorsement would you give him a ticket?" The only one who said he would issue a ticket was a state cop. "I would HAVE to give you a ticket"

hopefully I get my license before they get me ;)

·
Administrator
13,271 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
You'll like the bike. My wife and I did a two up trip from Michigan to Tennessee on a stock seat when ours had 400 miles on it. Since then its done 17k miles through michigan, ohio indiana, kentucky and both virginias. A nice ride. When you aren't adjusting valves, carburetors, and replacing a $500 starter clutch. Keep your hand OFF the throttle when starting. This bike is not normal where a quick shot of gas before cranking gets you a fast start. Quite the.opposite!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts