Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just modded my carb on v star 1100 2003. I put the cobra 2into1 exhaust removed my air box replaced with K&N pods. My main jets are 150 pilots are 20 and my air mixture screws are at 2and3/4 works great when wormed up but very cooled blooded is there anything I can do to fix this
Thanks

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,398 Posts
Maybe try putting the 17.5 pilot jets in and readjust PMS. Keep us informed on outcome.

Info from: https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home/tuning/carb-jetting

. It seems that stock pilots (17.5) are working well in most 1100 applications with a pod set up. 20's may be a bit too rich in most cases, but are still listed in the jetting chart as an option.

** We've discovered that simply turning the PMS out an extra 1/4 - 1/2 turn will increase the mixture throughout the throttle range on these bikes. See note below. Main jets can still be changed to 1 step larger, but the PMS adjust can accomplish pretty much the same thing.

***Adjust the PMS so that most, if not all backfire on decel is eliminated. Backfire on decel usually means that it is too lean at idle. You do not have to remove the AIS to eliminate backfire. Proper tuning the PMS will take care of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts