Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Not sure if New York is really considered to be of the New England states? Especially Western New York.:confused:

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Not sure if New York is really considered to be of the New England states? Especially Western New York.:confused:

Yup! NY had one of the original 13 stars. Of course the Mainers, NH, VT folk like to disavow them, but you're a gen-yew-wine New Englander:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks! Nice looking ride you have too! I Love the look of the wide whites. My ride just got a new custom paint job also. I have pic's posted in the Photo Gallery. Now all we need is an early spring.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Redcat - central CT

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm in Hebron, CT. Guy, my brother in law in Ashford has an 06 Roadliner and now his brother Phil in Windham bought an 09 Stratoliner too. Too bad my friend Jim in Tolland sold his 06 Roadliner for a ZX14. He's out of the club...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well, seems we have a group of guys widely dispersed so that in itself creates some logistical challenges, but nothing that cannot be overcome. Typically, I'm the type that will dedicate a day of the weekend but not likely to do any overnighters since the other day is for family and getting chores done around the house. For me though, I'm easy going and I'm willing to travel just about anywhere. Just to throw out some ideas, and I realize most I'm suggesting are CT centric and not always best runs given we have guys in Maine and Western NY, but these are the places I'm familiar... With other riders, I've done runs to Curtis' Ribs in Putney, VT to The Cookhouse in New Milford, CT, Gillette Castle and Devil's Hopyard in East Haddam, CT, in Litchfield County there's Kent Falls in Kent, CT and even frequent the Barkhamsted Reservoir and run up into the Pioneer Valley to Pittsfield of Western, MA. Northeastern CT is also a nice area around Bigelow Hollow area with a stop in Putnam, CT at the Vanilla Bean Cafe where there's always a gathering of motorcycles on the weekends of just about any make, including vintage rides sometimes. I've done visits to the hill climbs in Monson, MA, and we can check the race schedule for Loudon, NH, or even going to watch the drags at Lebanon Valley Dragway in NY. It also doesn't have to be a specific event or place as typically it's just having an excuse to ride. Anyone else have some ideas to throw out?

·
Registered
549 Posts
^ Pictures?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just north of Boston checking in. Just bought my 1100 Silverado. Switching over from a Suzuki Volusia. Posted some pics in the introduction area.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts