Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a trip to mt Washington an equinox in the early summer of 2015 an would like to know if there are any hotels an eateries you guys would suggest in bennington vt - Gorham nh - and Pittsfield ma. ?? I plan to also do the kancamagus highway. are there any other routes you guys feel are a must do ? i'll be coming from eatern pa Allentown vicinity. thanks in advance for any recommendations.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I did it this past August, a couple things I learned

- DO reserve a hotel in advance - we figured with a ton of hotels, finding a place to stay would be easy, we were wrong, had to take the last room around and a not so good hotel

- We road from CT up through Mass on local roads, most of them were good

- DO look up events going on at the time you're going - found out the mountain was closed for a bicycle race the morning we went, we got lucky as it was open in the afternoon.

- DO check Kangamangus construction progress, we rode through gravel and dirt in the rain when we were there

- DO bring a cover for your bike - it rained overnight and was nice not to have to dry the bikes like the other guys at our hotel

- DO eat at the Red Fox Bar & Grille in Jackson, NH. We ate there for dinner on Saturday night and then came back for brunch on Sunday - both meals were excellent. It can get crowded so go early or late on the meal times for less wait time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ct thanks for the info. i didn't give a thought to events an construction on Kangamangus, that would stink. i hear ya on the rain as we went to the blue ridge in may an got rained on 2 out of 3 days there. thanks for the heads up on the red fox. going to have to make it a stop. thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts