Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone. New rider here from Orlando, Florida. Just got a 2004 V Star Silverado, 12k miles. Looking forward to getting familiar with it and to the collective wisdom of the forum.

Is there anything I should immediately keep in mind?

·
Super Moderator
13,043 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Hello Dizzy, I'm just a hoot and a holler north west of you in Apopka.

If you do not have any valid ideas of what has or has not been done maintenance wise then start with.
Oil change and filter, Check close the condition of the tires, evaluate the brakes, Make sure all electrical items
work as they should. If these all check out, maybe a set of plugs and at some point pull the rear wheel and drive assembly
for a spline lube and diff lube change.

You should be right on time.

·
Super Moderator
5,998 Posts
Hi Dizzy, welcome to the forum. One thing you should keep in mind is that we're quite the visual bunch. We love pic's here! I think RR00 has given you some excellent advice. Ride safely and enjoy the warm weather.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Thats what is so cool about this site. We like to support all riders and help them in any way we can. Whether it's just one
or a whole group we are always weighing in what might help and what to steer clear of.

This forum has a ton of riders that wrench and upgrade their bikes on there own.
Not like some car guys that claim to have "built" there cars into what they are
only to read in the specs that 95% of it was done by outside vendors and shops.

Not here... We choose wisdom as the wrench of choice.
(Thumping of the chest is allowed at this time)>:):smile:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome Dizzy, from southwestern PA. Keith is right, we need some pics here. And Resto is also correct in that there are alot of good people part of this forum who are always happy to lend a hand. And a lot of great information to be gained. Congratulations on yer new acquisition, and I'm sure you'll get many smiles from ridin it. One very important thing to keep in mind, is that when starting your machine never use the throttle. Has been known to cause engine kickback, which can take out starter clutch. Expensive fix. Other than that, there is a Wiki page somebody took the time to setup, that is a wealth of information on your machine. Sorry, I don't have that link, but someone I'm sure will share that. Good luck, and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Sweet ! Studded saddle, Crash bars, Two tone paint. Yahoo....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts