Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just joined the forum here. I'm really interested in making the move from Harley to a Yamaha. The Raider has caught my eye and I have been doing research on it. I've found that not only is it loads more stylish and powerful, but much more dependable, affordable, and above all unique than what I'm used to.
I was hoping some folks here would chime in and maybe let me know what to expect from the Yamaha bikes. They really catch my eye every time I see one on the road and the Raider is just beyond my expectations of what I'm hoping to get this next time around.
I currently have a Harley Shovel in my garage that I spent this whole last winter painting, etc only to have put it back together to find it wont run right. I am so sick of werenching and just want to be in the wind.....tired after many years of let-downs and ready for a dependable machine.
Anyhow, it's nice to be here, and look forward to any and all input.
Regards,
Gino

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum Gino. You came to the best place to get your questions answered. But, after reading your post I think that you have answered all of the important questions :D. So if you have more questions feel free to ask away.

In the mean time, tell us a bit more about yourself, where you're from, ride and CC info.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Welcome G-man!

Indeed you already seem to know all the answers. But in fairness, any modern bike should give you less trouble than an older Harley Shovelhead.

Even so, I clearly have a preference for the Star bikes and I'm sure you will enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome. I have been riding for quite a few years....nine Harley's later and I need a switch. I am an auto/cycle painter by trade and have built/rebuilt many twins including a rigid stroked chop. I'm in my 40 now and tired of wrenching in the garage while everyone is out riding (during the three or four decent months the $hitty northeast allows.
Can't wait to sell the heap in my garage and actually get two wheels that doesn't rattle itself to death.

·
Super Moderator
13,217 Posts
howdy. the raider is awesome. you won't find as many after market parts/accessories for it as you would a harley, and the stock exhaust note might be a little lacking, but it does have a lot of advantages that you've already listed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the exhaust is my main concern right now, however I understand cobra and a couple other companies make a nice system that sound pretty vicious. I figure if Harley sounds pretty mean with their 1450 and bigger engines the 1900 Raider has the potential to sound absolutely sick! As far as accessories, I usually lay a killer paint job and tool my own solo seats.......very stoked about it

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay.
I have a friend who is in love with the raider. I'm trying to convince home that he needs it :). Who cares if he just got his first bike ever 3 weeks ago...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bevo, lol, no I used to have long hair and resembled Jesus.....good friends of mine would call me Jesus (pronounced hey Zeus), and it stuck.....
Anyhow, I appreciate the welcome from everyone, if only I could sell my Harley and officially join this family.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts