Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting back to riding after about a twenty year hiatus. Recently picked up a used 2009 V-Star 950 and getting used to riding again. Older man, widower, 68 this month. Had to get over being intimidated by the size of it but now I'm doing rather well.
BTW, That's Duke City, New Mexico AKA Albuquerque. :)

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
13,958 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Hill Country. Saw your pictures, nice clean looking bike. Take your time getting your riding skills back. Ride often and safe.

Reactions: kje54

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Boy am I out of shape, went for a 27 mile round trip yesterday, did fairly well with my riding skills. It was rather windy also, woke up this morning with basically everything from my knees to my feet super sore........ ;)

By the way, Voltarin Gel works wonders......... (Check out the contraindications before using it).

·
Registered
350 Posts
Welcome from Western Maryland! Ride safe. Think safer.

Reactions: kje54

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am a little younger but in my 60s. My worst problem with riding is the mid-evil a$$ torture stock seat
So far the seat hasn't been an issue for me but the longest trip I've taken so far is 27 miles. Heck, for all I know the previous owner may have replaced the stock seat but I wouldn't know how to find out.

·
Registered
350 Posts
There are companies that can reshape your seat. There are tube videos on how to diy. Local upholstery shop might even tackle it..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts