Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome from Maritime Canada, WeiseGuy. The 650 is an excellent choice for starting out. Plenty out there and prices are good, plus they are dependable and have plenty of power. Keep us posted when you find your ride and be sure to show it off with a pic or 2!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome from Maritime Canada, WeiseGuy. The 650 is an excellent choice for starting out. Plenty out there and prices are good, plus they are dependable and have plenty of power. Keep us posted when you find your ride and be sure to show it off with a pic or 2!
Hey! Absolutely plan to post pics. I just posted a topic in the V-Star forum hoping for some advice before heading to the dealer later this week. Used bikes, new rider, want to make sure I'm not going to get screwed, haha.

I wasn't sure about V-Stars, but after doing research they seem like pretty fun bikes and great for a first timer like myself.

·
Super Moderator
4,639 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. I have several friends with 650s. Great bikes with many accessories to choose from and very reliable. Good luck on your hunt.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you buy a used bike make sure you check the service record and it's definitely a go if they replace the starter clutch.... thats the only bad on those.... like the only bad...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,091 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. 650s are truly great bikes and lots of accessories available for them. Looking forward to seeing your pics once you purchase it. Good move on taking the MSF course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome from Houston, Texas. I have several friends with 650s. Great bikes with many accessories to choose from and very reliable. Good luck on your hunt.
Thanks!

If you buy a used bike make sure you check the service record and it's definitely a go if they replace the starter clutch.... thats the only bad on those.... like the only bad...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Should I ask them to replace it if it hasn't been?

Hi and welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. 650s are truly great bikes and lots of accessories available for them. Looking forward to seeing your pics once you purchase it. Good move on taking the MSF course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. Yeah the MSF was great!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
If it isn't from Idaho, it's just a spud.

Sorry WeiseGuy, I couldn't resist. (I used to love that Idaho potato ad they used to run on tv.)

Hope you have good luck on your search. Keep us posted. V Stars are great, affordable, dependable bikes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it isn't from Idaho, it's just a spud.

Sorry WeiseGuy, I couldn't resist. (I used to love that Idaho potato ad they used to run on tv.)

Hope you have good luck on your search. Keep us posted. V Stars are great, affordable, dependable bikes.
I'm from California originally, only been here a couple years so I don't mind haha.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Welcome from me too! Anxious to see your bike when you purchase it....I'm an older gal here and have a 950 tourer. You can't go wrong with a Yamaha. Keep us updated, please. Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome from me too! Anxious to see your bike when you purchase it....I'm an older gal here and have a 950 tourer. You can't go wrong with a Yamaha. Keep us updated, please. Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV
Thanks! I have one in mind, going to the dealer tomorrow!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts