Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Have been looking for a forum to join for bikes, finally found this one. I'm 36, married to my husband Tom 17 years. And while I'm mainly the passenger on our 2008 V-Star Touring bike, we both work on it ( have been a mechanic about 16 years). We started out (bought it in May 2012) with an '06 V-Star 650, my husband's first bike since the Honda 450 he owned about 11 years ago. He also raced modified midgets ( 600cc Honda f3 engines in those) so he's had the experience. I'm still learning, and may one day work up to my own bike. We loved the 650, it just wasn't big enough. So, we found our '08 V-Star Touring and traded the 650 in on it this past August. The '08 had 4500 miles on it when we got it, have put almost 2,000 miles on it since! Absolutely LOVE our bike.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Does "metalmom_of_2" mean you are the Mom of Tom and the bike, or, do you have a couple young un's?;)

Welcome to the place here:D Being a fellow Hoosier makes it a pleasure to welcome you:)

Have fun!

Ride Safe:cool:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome aboard and please don't hesitate to enjoy our sarcasm :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you!! We do have a teenager, and an almost teenager. Aside from trying (unsuccessfully) to drive his race car, I have never tried to pilot a motorcycle. I think I might have been able to handle the 650, the 1300? Not so much. Might look at a 250 or something for me to learn on first. I normally drive a manual shift vehicle, I've been told that will help. As far as sarcasm, I enjoy it as a second language, but sometimes don't pick up on it in print lol. And the "metal" in metalmom comes from music choice more than anything, though I guess it could apply to my job, too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts