Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to take the time to introduce myself. I have owned several Honda's in the past and found a good 2009 V Str 950 in Tommy Blue for a good price and purchased it. So far, it has been a dream. The bike has 4,043 miles. It is basically stock.
I am retired and plan to do alot of riding on it and enjoying the hot summer days on it.

·
Super Moderator
5,998 Posts
Hi rb, you'll love the 950. Ride mine as much as possible. We'd love to see some pics of it. You guy's have some great restaurants there. A friend of mine from the "Cops" tv crew says he's never run out of places to eat while they've filmed there. Congrats on the retirement, hoping to do the same in a few years. Ride safely!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a picture of the bike right after I purchased it. (At least I am trying to post a picture.)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome Rusty from southwestern PA. Nice ride ya got there. Like the color. I'm sure you'll get lots of smiles and lots of miles out of it. And if yer interested, Bevo has the whole history of how it came into being. Just ask and I'm sure he'll lay it on ya. Oh, and congrats on yer new acquisition.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Rusty, Welcome from Waldorf MD. You've got the right bike to keep a smile on your face. I have a 2012 950T, and it's been the perfect bike for me [well except for the seat, looking to put an Ultimate seat on it next year]. Enjoy the ride and stay safe.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you very much for the positive remarks. I really do love the bike. It handles like a dream and I get alot of looks and people are telling me that they love the "Tommy Blue" color.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts