Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello!
New to the forum, but not to bikes. I've got a lot of old tin.... mostly 60's and 70's bikes.
I had a '36 Chevy pickup that I sold and used some of the money to buy a '00 V-star 650 Classic. I paid $2000 for it. It had been sitting for years and was pristine with only 4,000 miles on it. I tried to have a friend braze the holes and he blew up the tank.... after replacing the tank with a brand new one, putting on a set of Hard Chrome exhaust, I rode it quite a bit.
It's a great bike.
Here's a pic: (hopefully it shows...)

I also bought a '98 650 Custom basket case that I need parts for.
Hoping to build a bobber out of it.

Thanks all!!!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum Max. If you want to bob then this place has got what you want. Lots of our members are into this and are more than willing to share their ideas and concepts. Dont be shy and post often offer your own ideas and concepts and help make this forum even better.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great intro and picture included. Once the picture police show up you will be award a huge prize I'm sure. Just wait for miescha he is the one doing the handouts.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Welcome to the Thunder Dome!

That was a perfect intro with riding history, explosions, pics and nudity!

We just gave away a Stratoliner 1900 - you'd have won for sure with that intro, if only you were here yesterday!

Oh well, glad you're here and I'd love to here what "brazing the holes" means and how a tank blowup was involved.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HAHAHAH!!!!

Yeah. Well... short story short.... my friend wasn't properly purging the tank enough before putting the torch to it. No one was hurt.... just scared the heck out of my friend when the tank jumped 6 feet in the air..... instead of the tank being shapped like an upside down U..... it was more like..... this..... -^-

LMAO!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts