Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well before I get to the questions, a little about myself is that I traded my Ninja 750 for a 99' v star 650. I'm in the process of making the bike into a bobber and that where the questions come in. I bobbed the front fender and took off the rear fender, gas tank and other various pieces so I can paint them. The question I have is that I have taken the rear fender off to prep before painting it and can't seem to figure out how to get the strut bar(?) that holds the saddle bags off. I have some pictures to clarify what I am talking about and maybe you can help me figure out how to take them off. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, thats what I thought. I tried prying em out but didn't want to try too hard because of possible scratching. I'm not going to use them anyways so i'll really give it a try at prying tomorrow, thanks.

·
Administrator
13,705 Posts
howdy. be sure to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

might i suggest ball bearings? It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome to the forum J Ryan. As you can already tell there is a ton of great information to be found here. And a bunch of wild and crazy folks.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.
JohnDeereDan, oooops, FarmallDan, is correct on the chrome plugs. They should come out real easy using the edge of a jackknife or a small flat tip screwdriver.

Seems Bevo left out a bucket of steam and 30 yards of coiled shore line to help get the job done.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
G'Day J Ryan 45. Welcome to the forum. I have been restoring a 98 V Star 650. Good advice is being given to you by Stratowart and Farmaldanzil believe me, they know what they are talking about and have helped me out. It is a great forum here and hope you enjoy it.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
I'm in the process of making the bike into a bobber and that where the questions come in.
OK, you've come to the right place:

1. Compress the bike into a spherical shape

2. Paint top half white

3. Paint bottom half red

4. String fishing line from top through bottom.

5. Attach snelled hook on bottom portion of fishing line

6. Skewer a worm onto snelled hook

7. Throw entire assembly into nearest lake, pond, river

8. Drink beer

9. Wait for fish to submerge entire assembly

10. Drink beer

11. Pull assembly in, rebait

12. Drink beer

13. In the unfortunate circumstance that you actually land a fish, throw back IMMEDIATELY!!:mad:

14. Drink beer

15. When beer supply is exhausted, go home

Repeat steps 6-15 until you get this whole "bobber" thing out of your system (or until your credit line at the package store is exhausted).

...and welcome...:)

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
G'Day J Ryan 45. Welcome to the forum. I have been restoring a 98 V Star 650. Good advice is being given to you by Stratowart and Farmaldanzil believe me, they know what they are talking about and have helped me out. It is a great forum here and hope you enjoy it.
What jar are you drinking your roojoos from:confused: Make sir-ton it's not condensed in a radiator:rolleyes: you know a lead thing :D

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
howdy. be sure to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

might i suggest ball bearings? It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State.
Man it's lonely at the top;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts