Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Tony from NYC, though I dont own a star at the moment I am seriously considering one. I thought this the best way to get information on this line of motorcycle.

·
Super Moderator
6,091 Posts
Hi Tony, welcome to the forum and ask all the questions you'd like. Tell us what you've looked at so far, and what you're going to look at. The members here are very informative and im sure everyone will tell you the pro's and con's of each vstar model. I personally own an 09' 950t and love it. Take your time and search around for what fits you. Hope this helps.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
473 Posts
Like Keith said, take your time, sit on all of them several times, figure out whats the main purpose (just cruising, traveling, passenger or not etc.) there's a lot to think about but between now and winter you should be able to find what you want at a good price. These guys are great and very knowledgeable, lots of us have had V Stars for years. I personally have an 08 1300 V Star with a bunch of mods and so far Ive had zero issues other than normal maintenance. Dont be afraid to ask anything in here!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hey Tony, welcome to the forum from Northwest Illinois. As all the others have said take your time and find the bike that fits you and your needs. I've ended up on a V Star 1100 Classic and have thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of it. It is virtually indestructible and requires just normal maintenance. I'm 5' 8" tall and the bike allows me to sit flat footed at stop lights which is a must. The only problem I've encountered with the 1100 is the permanent smile I can't get off my face. Enjoy the search and ride safe when you decide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts