Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just picked up my new-to-me 2007 Vstar 1300 the other day. My last bike was a Stryker, loved it, but had an ankle surgery and wasn't riding for awhile. Looking forward to getting back in the saddle! Got it home and immediately removed the windshield. I'm almost 6'4", so it's a little short, and the buffeting was unpleasant. The previous owner traded it in without the OEM saddlebags, so I'll probably go with some vikings. I'm thinking of actually going with brown leather, and changing the seat to brown as well. Cobra slip-on is in the garage ready to be installed once it finally stops snowing here! Also ordered the scoot mods 6" extensions.

Lots of great info on here, thanks in advance for any help!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,400 Posts

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Nice bike, and you are not kidding, it is snowing this morning.

·
Super Moderator
6,393 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Very nice intro and pics. Sounds like you have some great plans for your bike. Keep us posted on your upgrades!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,483 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Sounds like spring is being as stubborn there as it is out here. Nice bike you got yourself there and I hope you get out riding soon!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! I pulled the crash bars off today to make room for my scootmods extensions, exhaust goes on tomorrow. I decided on black saddlebags for now, found a deal on some Vikings on Ebay.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
There are a lot of great places to ride in central NY.

The ride to the Curtis Museum in Hammondsport is a required pilgrimage.

Pretty much anywhere you go around here is a great ride on a motorcycle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts