Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have been lurking for several weeks and finally joined. I traded in my trusty and beloved 2012 V-Star 950 Tourer on a low-mileage 2014 Stratoliner S this past weekend. Glad to be here!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,428 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome from the Green Mountains!
I was all set to buy that bike, and then Yamaha had to go and make a full dresser out of it...sorta... I got that one instead... My dealer still has the Strat. and I think I'm gonna work on my son to take his Warrior and my old (now his new) R* in for a trade up....just so I can ride it once in a while....

"Stratocaster"... I have heard that if you find the right one, you'd be able to buy something really usefull...like a new motorcycle...but it's gettin' so that all the good musicians are too old or too dead to play guitar any more...."give me that old time rock and roll"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

-You are correct NorthernRider - it is quite the upgrade, and I find myself surprised at the not-quite-as-nimble handling compared to the 950T, though I shouldn't be surprised - it's BIG. I look forward to putting some more miles on her to get acquainted.

-LesBlank I will certainly check out those links - I want to learn as much as I can.

-GreenMtnHunter and stratsurvivor - I had a Telecaster when I was a kid - I wish I still had it! I think the "other Strat" the S'liner has more in common with is the B-52 Stratofortress...ha!

Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
6,398 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee cityclucks! Wow, that is one fine looking Strat! How much difference in performance from the 950 do you feel? I know it’s a lot heavier for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
281 Posts
Welcome to forum Cityclucks. Quite an upgrade but nice bike. Am sure you will add many new miles and get accustomed to its handling.
Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

Cityclucks, my last bike was an 800cc Suzuki Volusia. I agree with YammyV, it takes some time to get accustomed to the size, power, and handling characteristics of the Stratoliner. For example, my last bike was a little easier to throw into a corner. The Stratoliner seems to like gentle, sweeping curves and comes back to straight-line with no effort on my part. I need more time in the saddle, now. Have fun!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts