Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm really new to this,My name is Brian, my friends call me Newf because I was raised in Newfoundland. I'm 54years old, and now spending my kids inheritance.lol.

I purchased my first bike (82 XJ750) last year, rode it from April to July, then moved up to a 03 vstar 1100 custom. Love the bike. My one thing is, can we get alum wheels for these bikes, I hate cleaning spokes....lol Will Harley wheels fit? I was told they might.My wife just wants me to leave well enough alone, but that can't happen...gotta play....lol

Any ideas will be appreciated.Thank You

Newf

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Welcome Newfperson!

Not sure about the HD wheels fitting. Possibly, but you'd be stuck taking anti-rejection drugs for as long as you owned them:(

As you stroll through the forum you'll notice model specific sections. You might pose your question in the applicable thread. I'd love to help, but my heart belongs to Bullwinkle (my Strat S) so you'll have to turn to the 1100 hooligans:D

·
Registered
1,620 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard. I knew Sparkyd would know all the cool sites.He's the 1100 guru. Wife's never understand the build.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
By the Lord thunderin Jesus boy, have you not read the good book of newb?

It is written that all newfies that have had a 750 and that now own a 1100 shall post pics of their ride. It is also written that ye shall tell the forumees where you ride, what you do for fun and how big is the easter chocolate you are giving to the kids.

Welcome to the forum from another canuck. Enjoy the best site around and keep the shinny side up. :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Welcome to the bored! ;) As you may have figured out by now, this place is a bit twisted. All in good fun, and you really will find the answers to your questions! My advice on buying goodies for the bike: don't tell the wife! It's easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission! :) :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey now,,,,,,,lol......I ride in and around Southern Ontario, I haven't figured out yet how to post pictures, I have a 2003 v-star 1100 custom. It is a color called "Root Beer" it's two tone brown...lol I just installed passing lights, new saddlebags, and have ISO grips to install.I'm happy with the factory exhaust. Around here, cities are starting to come out with noise by-laws, (mainly aimed at bikes) I ride all the back roads I can find, I do ride with a club called Southern Cruisers, we ride all over the place. I know it may be small for you guys, but I put over 12000kms on the two bikes last year. 10000km on the vstar alone. Not bad for a newbie. I've only been riding (legally) for two seasons now. Before that, I rode dirt on the farm.
To all who posted, thank you so much for the tips. I will check them out.
Have a great day, and ride safe
Newf

·
Registered
159 Posts
My wife just wants me to leave well enough alone, but that can't happen...gotta play....lol
Our wives must be related somehow. Everytime I change something she asked I even bought that bike if I hated it enough that I keep changing things.....:D

I just smile and order something else:eek::cool::D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts