Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

New to the forums, so here is my intro....
I've been riding for 20 years now. Started with an 80's Kawasaki LTD 550. Dumped it and never fixed it. (My son was an infant and I decided to put other priorities above riding.)
A few years back I started to get the itch and bought a 1980 Honda CB1000. It was cheap enough (and worth every penny) and it gave me a chance to see how my wife felt about riding, without making a big investment. Well, she loved it! Bought a leftover '07 V-Star 1100 Classic in Sept. of '08 and absolutely loved that bike! Decked it out with passenger boards, backrest, luggage rack, passing lamps and a windshield.
Then one day while out on a ride with a group of buddies, I saw it...the Stratoliner! I knew that a Strat would be my next bike. It took a few years, but this year, mid-November, I traded my Star in for a leftover '09 Strat. Got a great deal too! Now I'm waiting for my engine guards, passenger board and luggage rack to come in!

In Massachusetts where I live, I seldom get out much past mid-November at all, but the weather has cooperated and I now have 599 miles on it, so come spring, I will be all ready for my first service and will be good to go. Can't wait for spring!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard fellow liner rider. Very wise choice on the strat. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts