Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped on my way home from work to fill the bike with gas. What a major pain in the @ss that turned out to be! Put my card in the pump reader, it gave the ok to fill, then it "cancelled." Put card in reader a 2nd time, again tried to pump and...nothing would pump. Tried a 3rd time...nothing. Now I'm getting a little annoyed and its HOT and I'm in full gear. Walked inside and asked what the "secret" is. This is a brand new gas station, btw, open about one week. They said it had to make a seal and they would "help me." Insert card in reader( again)...ready, set, cancelled! Are you kidding me?! Insert card in reader (I'm really hot and sweaty now and my patience is dwindling)...message: See Cashier. I AM seeing the cashier, they are trying to "help me!" Go back inside to run my card inside because there have been too many attempts at the pump. Back to the bike, and...nothing! Apparently the hose has to make a "seal", but my tank is too shallow and the nozzle can't go in the tank far enough for that to happen. After much fiddling, they were able to "trick"it to get the gas flowing. What a hassle! Has anyone else ever encountered this issue? Is it a new pump nozzle design? A bike flaw? I ride a 2006 Yamaha VStar Silverado classic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
600 Posts
Now you know this is for your safety .. LOL!!! Someone, somewhere, spilled gas all over themselves or their car. It was probably
PEBCAK (problem exists between chair and keyboard) but they blamed it on the nozzle and there you have it, the new improved
safer pump.

·
Super Moderator
6,774 Posts
I personally haven't seen it, but have heard of it. I can only imagine how irritating that would have been in full gear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts