Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got up at 4:30am. Notice a light is on in the garage. Looking through a thick gold haze i see stepson spray painting bicycle seat right next to my Babe. I now have a nice gold speckle on my 1100.

I HATE F**KING TEENAGERS!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Give him a break, he's aware of the SBBS (slow black bike syndrome) and was just trying to help you out,,too bad he didn't want a blue seat, would have been a WIN-WIN. :D

But should you have a decent coat of wax on your scoot, you should be able to remove the gold specks. But you may want to experience the added speed before you do it LOL!

Seriously, good luck removing it.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Give him a break, he's aware of the SBBS (slow black bike syndrome) and was just trying to help you out,,too bad he didn't want a blue seat, would have been a WIN-WIN. :D...
OUCH! . . . my heart . . . it hurts! How could you do this to me?

Just got home from work. It is coming off fairly easy. I'm sure i will enjoy spending a whole day carefully cleaning it off:(

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why aren't you making him clean it? parenting 101
I can't get him to do a proper job on the dishes, litter box or his room. I sure as hell wont trust him to clean my bike.

"If you want something done right, do it yourself" --author unknown--

As a stepfather i came in a little late to be of much influence :(

·
Registered
89 Posts
Have him help you. Might be a good teaching opportunity to help him understand how to properly value something you work hard to earn and maintain.

Bet the bike will look great all cleaned up!

·
Registered
545 Posts
A. This is grounds for justifiable homicide in 43 states (57 if you're elected President).

B. The reason you can't get him to do a good job is because you tolerate a poor one. If you let him get away with it, you're really cheating him because he will half-ass everything he does for the rest of his life.

Note: Because I know this unsolicited advice is way out of line, I have taken the liberty of giving myself a black eye on your behalf. Hey....at least it's fast! :)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All kidding aside, i am just 'venting' here what i wont say out loud because i know in my heart i don't mean it. I don't really display this type of anger on/to/at him. We actually talked about it like adults and all is good :) I do like Sheriffs suggestion. If my stepson had not already left to spend the weekend with his cousins i would ask him to help and i'm sure he would. He is a good kid at heart and i know it was not deliberate, it was just a 'blonde moment'.

Life is good so i will continue to keep smiling :D:D:D

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey Sparky, I know 1st hand how much that sucks! I had it happen to my scoot a couple years ago. The place next door to where I work painted a bunch of door frames outside. My bike was parked in our lot about 50 feet downwind. My black bike had nice machinery grey specks all over! To say I was excited about that would be an understatement!

Anyway, I used some enamel reducer I got from work and it cleaned right up. I have seen this trick used many times. Guys who have had graffiti spray painted on their construction trailers use it. It also works to get fresh traffic line paint off your vehicle.

·
Administrator
13,697 Posts
A. This is grounds for justifiable homicide in 43 states (57 if you're elected President).

B. The reason you can't get him to do a good job is because you tolerate a poor one. If you let him get away with it, you're really cheating him because he will half-ass everything he does for the rest of his life.

Note: Because I know this unsolicited advice is way out of line, I have taken the liberty of giving myself a black eye on your behalf. Hey....at least it's fast! :)
is this coming directly from your avatar?

·
Administrator
13,697 Posts
Hey Sparky, I know 1st hand how much that sucks! I had it happen to my scoot a couple years ago. The place next door to where I work painted a bunch of door frames outside. My bike was parked in our lot about 50 feet downwind. My black bike had nice machinery grey specks all over! To say I was excited about that would be an understatement!

Anyway, I used some enamel reducer I got from work and it cleaned right up. I have seen this trick used many times. Guys who have had graffiti spray painted on their construction trailers use it. It also works to get fresh traffic line paint off your vehicle.
that won't take off any of the paint underneath?

·
Registered
305 Posts
that won't take off any of the paint underneath?
Nope. Once the paint is cured the enamel reducer evaporates before it can cause any harm to the finish. It does strip off any wax or paint sealant you have on there, but the paint is safe! I'm sure if used too often it could harm the finish, but the urethanes that are used are pretty durable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts