Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the aftermarket foam rubber grips is tearing on my vstar. I like the feel of them, but I'm not sure where to buy them or how to change them. Anyone got a good link for some that will work on a '09 650. And any insight into how they come off? Thank you!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
When I replaced grips on my RK the left one was glued to the bars. You supposed to cut it along and peel it off the bars. I was able just to grab mine real tight, twist it back and forth several times until glue broke. Then the grip just slid off.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Is it just the grip cover? Sounds like a grip puppy and you can carefully slice it off and use air to install new ones they are like 18 dollars on Amazon. Clicky

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it just the grip cover? Sounds like a grip puppy and you can carefully slice it off and use air to install new ones they are like 18 dollars on Amazon. Clicky
Yes, it's just the foam that ripped. So how do these attach? Do you have any experience with how long they last? That looks fairly expensive compared to just buying new grips.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
18.00 is expensive? To put it on you start it on the end of the grip and use air through the center working the nozzle around and around while pushing the grip puppy on. Takes about a minute.

The first video is the hard way.

Here is the easy way.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Roger. Thanks NGM. I just meant that it looks like you can get a decent set of grips for about $20-30.
Ahhh I put Kury grips on mine.. I LOVE them. I have the ones with the cramp buster bolted on the throttle. Makes long rides so much more comfortable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts