Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from Anchorage Alaska and finally bought a bike. I'm 26 and used to ride motocross all the time. This is my first bike for the road. I bought a used 2005 V Star 1100 Custom from a guy up here. The bike is in amazing condition, BUT, it's all stock. I plan on changing that over the next few weeks and hopefully some of you can shed some advice!

Thanks in advance...

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Hello and welcome,
You'll get all kinds of advice here. If lucky some of it will actually be related to your question(s):D:D

As an example:
"How do I change the clutch springs"?

you may get an answer from one of us like this:
"Howdy, vote for the BOTM and submit pictures of your bike"

:D

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I'm from Anchorage Alaska and finally bought a bike. I'm 26 and used to ride motocross all the time. This is my first bike for the road. I bought a used 2005 V Star 1100 Custom from a guy up here. The bike is in amazing condition, BUT, it's all stock. I plan on changing that over the next few weeks and hopefully some of you can shed some advice!

Thanks in advance...
G'Day DucksandDogs.

Welcome, You will find plenty of good folks and info here.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
"Ducksandogs"?

Sounds like a Lab experiment:) (Or a water spaniel)

But anyway, welcome Dr. Mallard:

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Cut me and I'll bleed waterfowling. I have a 1 1/2 year old chocolate female who loves to hunt by my side!

OK Ducky, as you're new here you get one break. I have to warn you that giving ANYONE a straight line opening will result in an immediate thread hijack and then it's Katie-bar-the-door...

Be very wary of Stratowart, Aussielad, Taboo, DonDar, Farmall, Isabelle and even Bevo (from time to time when he's not playing with his various polls..).;)

Stick with me, Ducky, and you'll be safe...:D

·
Registered
923 Posts
OK Ducky, as you're new here you get one break. I have to warn you that giving ANYONE a straight line opening will result in an immediate thread hijack and then it's Katie-bar-the-door...

Be very wary of Stratowart, Aussielad, Taboo, DonDar, Farmall, Isabelle and even Bevo (from time to time when he's not playing with his various polls..).;)

Springer Springer Springer...how could you forget me. Just joking, Welcome aboard Duck! As you can tell we have some wild and crazy folks here, but there is a ton of great information. And since this is your first road bike, I really would suggest the Basic Riders Course. Great information for people who have ridden for years and who have never ridden.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome Duck! I've been on here SHORT time, but this is a GREAT board. These people will make you laugh and make you more vstar educated at the same time!

·
Registered
1 Posts
New here

New to riding, well I will be new to riding shortly. Getting ready to take the basic riders course. Wondering what would be a first bike to get. I am 46 (yes it took me a while to get started) 5'10 and 170 lbs. Looking for something to commute to work on that gets good mileage. Not sure if I plan on any freeway driving. Any help on this? Thanks,

·
Registered
319 Posts

mostly not too close! :D

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome Ducksanddogs! These folks here will really quack you up. You'll have a howlin' good time.:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts