Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am james from Buffalo NY..

Just got rid of an 06 sportster and picked up an 06 V-star...I love it and love riding it......Not loving the buffalo weather however, has been rainy all week and has been down to the 40's as well...Not sure if ill be able to ride until next April/May(sometimes theres still snow on the ground until then) ..But yeah just dropping in and saying hi.

Here is the bike..

I have vance and hines classic 2 slip ons, a switchblade quick release windshield, kuryakyn iso passenger pegs.....and a cobra sissy bar back rest w/ mounts and saddlebag supports im trying to get rid of lol

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome James from Buffalo, from where ever i may be :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Not sure if ill be able to ride until next April/May(sometimes theres still snow on the ground until then)
Yep, we know the feeling, but you can always put the chains on.

This was Valentine's day this year, my first ride of the season (ok, I made it to the end of the driveway but the bike was running!:rolleyes:)...

And this was the morning of April 16th, annual Spring Flood Run...

We know how you feel. So welcome, ride when you can, and enjoy every minute of it.:)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man that looks just like here...I don't think i'd even try to ride though lol

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hello all I am james from Buffalo NY..

Just got rid of an 06 sportster and picked up an 06 V-star...I love it and love riding it......Not loving the buffalo weather however, has been rainy all week and has been down to the 40's as well...Not sure if ill be able to ride until next April/May(sometimes theres still snow on the ground until then) ..But yeah just dropping in and saying hi.

Here is the bike..

I have vance and hines classic 2 slip ons, a switchblade quick release windshield, kuryakyn iso passenger pegs.....and a cobra sissy bar back rest w/ mounts and saddlebag supports im trying to get rid of lol
Welcome nieghbor! I'm in Cheektowaga. I'm hopein' there's still more ridin' weather ahead. I'm on vacation next week, and I am GONNA do some ridin'.;)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully there is, if things keep up there wont be :(

Not just one but two buffalo riders, my step dad got a red and black 09 vstar 1100 custom as well........

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard BP03.People complain about the great northwest rain,at least we're still gettin riding weather.A little cold in the morning but it warms up.So you gave up an hd for a star.May I ask why?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sportster was supposed to be an 883 bored out to 1200 but wasn't......so I returned it lol.

I looked for more HD's for the longest time, I was set on having one, but didn't wanna pay 15,000 for an 04 wide glide with 22,000 miles, or an 07 Nightster with 14,000 miles for 7,300... when I can get an 09 1100 Star with 0 miles for 7,000...(I bought my 1100 for 5500 with barely 15,000)..What got me set on getting one was not only the price, but it seemed to ride ALOT better then my Sportster(Yeah i know completely different styles but still).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts