Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, got back into riding after a small 30 year leave of abscence. Got myself a 05 1100 V-Star Silverado and loving it. I live in the Gatineau/Ottawa area and would welcome anyone that would want to ride in our area.

Hope to see you on the road someday.

Ride safe.:)

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Hello Corsair. Welcome to the 4M. Let me introduce myself as one that can predict the future. For you, you will be contacted one day in the near future by a Southern Gentleman asking you to vote for the Bike of the Month.....wait, I see more...he will also ask you to submit pictures of your bike for future voting.

·
Registered
50 Posts
welcome And nice to see another Canadian i'm in the tillsonburg area or a hour south of london looks like we should be able ride soon :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hi and welcome Corsair!
Once ya get past the smell this aint a bad site at all.:eek:
Just kidding.:p Enjoy.:)

Sure, it's all fun and games untill the fat kid falls down and gets hurt.:(

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
G'Day Corsair,welcome to a fun and informative forum. We currently have a number of celebrities helping promote our bike of the month.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Welcome to another friend, neighbor and ally from the Great Land of Maple trees:)

Flew many a mission with the CAF in the Navy and worked with the RCMP in MT law enforcement. Nice to know this forum is going to be buttressed by stalwart professionals

Welcome O Canada:)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Welcome Corsair ! :)
Isabelle.

There is big news in Australia. In a small village in France, I can't recall the name at the moment there has been a discovery in the attic of an old home. Over 3000 glass photo negative's of soldiers taken by a local photographer in WWI. Most of the 3000 photos are of Aussie Diggers (Soldiers) and it is considered a very important find and many families here are going through all the photos on a website to see if they can see any of their relatives, 16 have been identified. My Grandad, I never met him as he died many years before I was born, was in the Australian Light Horse and served in France from 1917 to 1918. I will have to look at the photo's to see if there are any of him.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome aboard Corsair! Don't forget to submit that bike for voting. I just got a break in the weather yesterday...it was great.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Isabelle.

the Australian Light Horse
Aussielad, did it occur to you that Isabelle may be unfamiliar with the Australian English usage of "horse" terminology?

Let me help:eek:

Light horse:

Heavy horse:

Saw horse:

Sea horse:

There. That should clarify things.

Please note that I have thoughtfully included the present and past tense ("I sea horse" and "I saw horse")

No need to thank me, Aussie/Isabelle. It's the least I could do...:D:D:D

·
Registered
319 Posts
Aussielad, did it occur to you that Isabelle may be unfamiliar with the Australian English usage of "horse" terminology?

Light horse:

Thank you springer :D :D

However, my turn to help: in France, we call this horse a "paint" horse :)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Thank you springer :D :D

However, my turn to help: in France, we call this horse a "paint" horse :)
Sorry Isabelle, please look at a new thread in 'General bike talk' and it will explain. It is very big news in Australia. And from what I have seen also for France, America, Britain, Canada, New Zealand, India and a host of other nations that fought in the war.

P.S. sorry about Springer, he is working more at the moment and gets exited when he hits the forum:D

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

Light horse:

Heavy horse:

Saw horse:

There. That should clarify things.

Please note that I have thoughtfully included the present and past tense ("I sea horse" and "I saw horse")

Dear Sir, you forgot one, except the word 'Horse' comes first

1 - 20 of 39 Posts