Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New guy from Central Alabama. Haven't had a bike in about 3 years or more. My last bike was a Honda Fury. Great bike but I knew after not too many miles I regretted not getting something with more range. Recently I decided I couldnt stand not riding any longer. I was looking at a Roadstar to begin with. I had a neighbor at my last place that had one so I had spent a little seat time on one. I kept searching and searching. Stratoliners and Roadliners kept popping up on my searches alot. I didn't know anything about them. After reading into them I thought wow what a bike. I then saw a few posts on here that said for bigger guys it's definitely the way to go. Last week I finally pulled the trigger. I picked up an 07 Stratoliner. Mostly stock minus a few small things and a batwing. The batwing is kind of low profile and I think I'll eventually change it but for now it will do. I did swap out the shield for a taller one already. I also changed the head unit from a Dual to an Alpine. I also added an Alpine power pack behind it I had laying around. Sounds much better. It has 4 Dual speakers as well so I'm kind of pushing past their limits. Anyways enough rambling. I'm super pleased with the bike. For a big bike it handles great. It has awesome power. I couldn't be happier. Thanks for the add.
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Tire
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Cloud Fuel tank
Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Sky Fuel tank Plant

Registered
Welcome from Pensacola
The wife and I travel through Alabama a lot, We have grandkids in Oxford and Gadsden, we used to own property in Clay County.

Reactions: Budlightyear

Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
Welcome from the Texas Hill Country. Nice looking bike. Ride often and safe.

Reactions: Budlightyear

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome from Pensacola
The wife and I travel through Alabama a lot, We have grandkids in Oxford and Gadsden, we used to own property in Clay County.
Thats's awesome. I stopped into Oxford for food and rode all through Clay County on Father's Day. I rode up to Cheaha State Park and around that area. Beautiful ride to make if you get a chance and haven't done so already. I would be willing to bet you have since you know about Clay County.

Registered
We owned land on Plyers Mill Road , just south of Lineville.
Daughter used to live in Alex City.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts